Sunday, July 22, 2012

Jim Rogers: Water is China's Biggest Problem



Olly Ludwig: So, you don't see grounds for arguing that the China juggernaut has played out? People talk about the water-shortage issue, for example, as an inherent impediment that could become profoundly problematic and slow the whole Chinese success story down.

Jim Rogers: I guess I didn't make myself clear: China will certainly have problems as we go forward.

Olly Ludwig: But is there anything going on beyond the scope of what happened in the United States, such that the game is over? It sounds like your answer is no.
Jim Rogers: The answer is "no." That's right. But they will have many of the same problems that countries rising have.
The only thing that worries me within the China story is the water problem. If they don't solve their water problem, then there is no China story. I've been around the world and I've seen whole countries and societies disappear because the water disappeared. So if China can't solve its water problem, then there is no China story. Now, they know this too, and they're spending hundreds of billions of Dollars trying to solve their water problem. Will they be successful? I don't know.

in Goldnews interview 10 July 2012

1 comment: