Provides a solid Asia Special Situations Porfolio, Stock Market News, Stock Gurus News, Business Analysis and some fun here.
Sunday, March 3, 2013
25 Low-Cost Ways to Reward Employees
Did you know today, March 1, is officially Employee Appreciation Day?
Research shows that feeling appreciated—which comes from recognition from others—is one of the top three drivers of employee engagement. The best news is that showing appreciation doesn’t have to cost a lot of time or money. So in honor of Employee Appreciation Day, here are 25 no or low-cost ways to recognize your colleagues.
1. A sincere word of thanks costs nothing and is very effective.
2. Post a thank you note on their door in their honor.
3. Throw a pizza party or cake party in their honor.
4. Create a simple “ABCD” card that are given when someone goes “Above the Call of Duty”.
5. Write about them in a company-wide email.
6. Give a long-lunch, extra break, or comp time.
7. Honor them at the start of the next staff meeting (recognize someone at the start of every staff meeting).
8. Post a “thank you” sign in the lobby with their name on it.
9. Gift them flowers, a book, or other small gift.
10. Invite them to a one-on-one lunch.
11. Give them a card with lottery tickets inside.
12. Give them a card with movie tickets inside.
13. Give them a card with Starbucks gift certificate.
14. Have the entire team sign a framed photo or certificate of appreciation.
15. Arrange for a boss several levels up to stop by to say thanks.
16. Send a thank you note or gift basket to their spouse.
17. Arrange to have their car washed.
18. Arrange to have their home cleaned. 19. Let them bring their pet to work.
20. Buy a dozen of donuts and announce to the department that they are in the honorees office, they should stop by to say hi and get one.
21. Feature them in the company newsletter.
22. Pick an unusual or funny object and place it on their desk for a week.
23. Let them dress casual for a day.
24. Have entire team honor them with a standing ovation at the start of the next staff meeting.
25. Offer to swap a task with them for a day or week.